Wednesday 25 May 2016

Texturing/UVing
This is the UV snapshot of the knife. As you can clearly tell, it's layed out neatly, thus making it easier for me to texture. The UV at the top left is the blade, the UV at the top right is the handle, and the UV at the bottom is the cap of the handle. To do this, I saved the UV in Maya as a UV snapshot, in .tga format, and imported it into Photoshop. Due to the very quick and simple process, i didn't encounter any problems with it.

The image shown below is the final painted texture on top of the UV shown above. As you can see, I've painted a metallic looking texture on the blade and painted the handle a very dark colour (taking inspiration from my Photoshop drawings). I've painted the cap of the handle the same colour as the handle itself, due to them both being very similar objects. To save the texture shown below, I'll need to export it as a .tga and apply it onto each asset of the knife. I encountered a few problems with the painting of the texture, for example; I was lacking knowledge regarding a few tools in Maya, such as brush presets and brush settings. To overcome this problem, I researched and gained help from.my peers and tutors, allowing me to use more advanced tools in the process of painting.


No comments:

Post a Comment