Tuesday 24 May 2016

Maya Blade Experiments

After I had my ideas written down and sketched, I moved over to Maya to start experimenting with blade modelling. I created a rough idea of the blade based on my initial sketches and ideas, and ultimately came up with the image shown below. The blade is a very nice shape and depicts the blade of a combat knife very well, as well as my finalised sketched ideas in previous documents. The large number of divisions helps it smooth out and look sharp when rendered.



I created another blade model in Maya just to see if any other ideas would look better. I followed a similar procedure to the first blade in terms of modelling, a procedure that I'm comfortable with. The image shown below is fairly similar to the first model, however it doesn't follow the unique and realistic look of the blade. It's still an interesting idea regardless, and I will probably take inspiration from a few features in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment