Tuesday 19 April 2016

Unit 9 Communication and Presentation survey.
This survey is to help you to understand the ways that you have communicated on this course. This will show us what you think of these ways of communicating and if we need to change anything in the coming years.  You can let us know what the advantages and disadvantages of these were.
Please answer each question as fully as possible.

 Verbal presentation skills - In what ways have you verbally communicated your projects or ideas during this year?
Group discussion around a table between peers, where we discussed our ideas and received feedback afterwards.

 What were the difficulties in communicating in this way?
Trying to describe my ideas as best as possible to receive the best feedback I can.

What were the advantages?
I was able to receive honest and accurate feedback from my peers and tutor relating to my ideas so I could develop from them.

How do you think using these skills will help you in the future when furthering your education or going into employment?
The skills I’ve gained from verbally communicating with my peers allow me to easily describe my work in a way to receive the best feedback that I can, so that I can start the development of my project.

Visual presentation skills - In what ways have you visually communicated your ideas throughout your project?
I’ve prepared my work on my blog and allowed other peers to sit at my computer and check out my work, whilst giving positive and constructive criticism.

What were the difficulties?
The difficulties in this were that I had to neatly present my work in order so it was easy for the viewer to give feedback on; I also had to choose certain pieces of work depending on what I wanted them to see.

What were the advantages?
This allowed me to collect more feedback from my peers so I could progress and develop my ideas.

How do you think using these skills will help you in the future when furthering your education or going into employment?
The skills I've gained from visually communicating with my peers allow me to see the advantages and disadvantages of a piece of work, so I can give feedback on it.

Final exhibition - How do you plan to show your work at the final exhibition?
I plan to show my work at the final exhibition by setting out the development of my project from day one; I will firstly show my initial ideas, and will develop from there.

What other ways can you communicate to the exhibition visitors who you are as a games student/artist so that they understand who you are?
I have created a personalised business card on Photoshop based on myself and my project.

How do you think using these skills will help you in the future when furthering your education or going into employment?

These skills will allow me to use basic presentation skills in a work environment in front of colleagues/peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment