Wednesday 9 December 2015

Initial Ideas

For my initial idea, I felt like going for a generic robot look with the basic square arms and legs. I experimented around in Photoshop with basic shapes and sizes of robotic parts. I Googled different robot shapes and took inspiration from numerous pieces of art, and eventually came up with this.

The main colour scheme for this robot is a generic black and white/grey look. Many of the robots I looked at on the internet were mainly black and white with not much colour, so I adapted this into my own idea. I also went further to create shadows and tone on the robot, as well as a texture on the surrounding area, so it looked like the robot was in a metallic environment.


The second idea I experimented with was fairly different to the first one, as I began experimenting with different colours and shapes. First of all, I shrunk down the arms and legs and made them more structured, like a robot. I felt as the first idea was too round and soft, so I went for the more generic blocky look of a robot. To add more detail, I took copyright free textures from the internet and incorporated them onto the base of my robot,..

1 comment:

  1. Hi Andrew make sure that you annotate and explain your work as you upload it to the blog.

    ReplyDelete